When I go out to have a traditional dish, I always find hard to decide between Mexican and Turkish.
Mexican food is very popular around the world due to its long tradition, great taste, healthy ingredients and numerous spices and flavors and I do not refer here to the American Tex-Mex food is usually rich in fat and calories and very different to the original Mexican food. Traditional Mexican food is low on fat and calories but at the same time very rich on vitamins and minerals.
Studying a little the history of the Mexican food, I know that a culinary legacy from the Aztec was the chocolate, and I love it, but also: corn – based dishes, rattlesnakes, iguanas, avocado, guava, papaya, tomato, vanilla, maize, squash, turkey and so on. I searched to some famous Mexican restaurants to find iguana served for diner, but no success. In the old times, it was a famous Mexican dish, but in the present there are many spices and ingredients that originate from the Aztecs and other native people of Mexico. And yes, do not forget, the Spanish influence to the Mexican food: rice, beef, pork, garlic, wine.
I love the original Mexican tortilla with a bit of chips, I know there are no low fat calories, but I do not exaggerate.
When going out in a Turkish restaurant I always enjoy the yoghurt-based dishes: patlican salatasi, a blend of roasted aubergine, yoghurt and dolmades and olive oil.
And, of course, the kebab as main course, a large portion of meat grilled on a skewer, regularly flavored with fenugreek and sumac.
Not very often, I order also the fish dishes, but there are not so tasty as the Turkish kebabs, in my opinion. If you have a sweet tooth, Turkish desserts are rich and delicious. Firin sutlac is a version of rice pudding, baked with sugar, cream, orange essence and rose water. There are also plentiful of sweetmeats which include the legendary baklava layered in filo pastry, and stuffed with pistachios or almond paste sheered in syrup. Turkish dishes are very popular in the capital and as the public's love affair for Turkish cuisine carries on, more Turkish restaurants are spring up all around London on a regular basis.
I should try the Lebanese cuisine, my friends are highly recommend me. I understand the foods are generally Mediterranean, high on vegetables, little meat and full of flavors. Perhaps the most famous dish worldwide is the appetizer mezze – a selection of dips, pickles, salads and nibbles with Arabic bread. But I go more for the fruits, fresh fish and seafood and for the Arabic sweets
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento